Electronic Support Measurement (ESM) is an Electronic Warfare technique which involves searching, locating, intercepting and analyzing radiated Electromagnetic energy. The ESM is a method to obtain EW information for implementing counter measures.
TDOA based LF system is a multiple sensors distributed network topology covering approximately 40kms range of a centralized data aggregator and are capable of generating a Pulse Description Words (PDW) which contains information about the EM wave. Location of the source of the EM wave is fixed based on Time Difference of Arrival (T.D.O.A) technique algorithm. Location-Fix processing systems algorithm comprises of various techniques including frequency based de-interleaving, calculation of T.D.O.As, Scan rate estimation etc.
- Direction Finding algorithms implemented are Time difference of arrival (TDOA) and angle of arrival (AOA).
- Direction Finding coverage of 360 degrees (Azimuth) and 60 degrees (Elevation).
- Location update rate of 1 second.
- Location Fix range varying from 30 Kms to 150 Kms.
- Range deviation of 2 Kilometers (approx.)
- Scan rate of 50 rotations per minute (max.).
- Frequency range of operation varying from 500 MHz to 18 GHz.
- This system requires 5 sensors minimum to operate.